We are proud to have a vibrant and active Junior Section that has a long tradition of success. One long time junior member was US Open and Olympic Champion Justin Rose who is still linked to the club today.
“North Hants Golf Club will always be close to my heart. I have so many cherished memories of my time there as a junior member and formed friendships that will last for the rest of my life. Those special days gave me the essential foundations in golf and social skills that have been crucial in my success today. Long live the North Hants Juniors.” Justin Rose
Membership is available to boys and girls from age 7 through to the age of 18 and the numerous benefits include:
- Help to attain an official CONGU handicap.
- Use of the online Intelligent Golf system which allows you to track all of the competition scores, track your handicap progress, sign up to competitions, view the club diary of events and much more.
- An annual calendar of over 40 junior competitions, including:
- 27 junior competitions Including 7 major board competitions such as the Junior Founders Day Club Championship, the Justin Rose Trophy, the Harte Trophy matchplay singles and the Hopper Hale foursomes knockout.
- At least 10 club matches versus the likes of Wentworth, West Hill, Blackmoor and Hankley Common.
- 5 interclub team competitions: The Blackmoor Shield, the Woking Woodpecker Trophy, Thames Valley Stags, The Green Jackets and the Hindhead Junior Challenge Trophy.
- The Junior Sponsors day, which consist of teams of 3 Adults paired with a Junior. All funds raised on the day go towards the running of the Junior Section together and a chosen Charity.
- An annual order of merit, currently named ‘The Race to The Grove’ with the top 4 players in the order of merit winning a special 4-ball at The Grove Resort in Hertfordshire.
- At least two away days at others clubs and other social events to develop skills and team spirit.
- Prizes throughout the season.
- Subsidised club clothingSubsidised lessons with our resident club professionals – George Porter, Head Pro and Chris Fawcett, Assistant Pro.
- Discounted practice balls on the practice ground.
- A monthly e-newsletter – The North Hants Junior Journal.
- A club card which you can load up with credit to pay for discounted food and beverages in the bar and half way hut.
- The best halfway house butties in the county, if not the country! We kid you not.
- The ability to sign in up to 3 playing guests at discounted rates.
- Ability to play in adult club competitions, subject to handicap.
Two dedicated Junior organisers in Jon Hawkins and Mike Hey.
For those new to Golf, the Club Professional, George Porter, runs The GP Junior Golf Academy. For more information, please contact George Porter on 01252 616655 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All enquiries regarding Junior Membership should be directed to the Assistant General Manager, Katie Laud at email@example.com.